|Protecting the Elderly and Earn CRA Credit Webinar|
The Senior Housing Crime Prevention Foundation (SHCPF) gives banks a way to satisfy their CRA requirements, create positive public relations in their communities, and develop valuable new business relationships, while serving an often overlooked segment of our society – vulnerable senior housing residents.
- CRA Credit – banks make CRA-qualified community development loans, CRA-qualified investments and CRA-qualified grants to the Foundation, which enable us to provide the nationally-acclaimed Senior Crimestoppers program to senior housing facilities at no cost in each participating bank’s assessment area.
- Low Risk – all loans and investments in the Foundation are fully collateralized by investment grade bonds selected by participating banks, so there is no credit risk.
- Guaranteed Yield – participating banks earn a guaranteed yield on their Foundation loans and investments, based on the yield paid on the bond used by each bank to collateralize its loan or investment less 1% retained by the Foundation to support its programs.
- Marketing Support – the Foundation provides training and tools for each bank to use in its marketing efforts. Through the annual Wish Comes True grant, the annual Time of Your Life video series, and free access to the Welcome Home Banking website, participating banks are able to remain top of mind and develop profitable banking relationships within their sponsored nursing homes.
- No administrative burden or ongoing monitoring – the Foundation's programs are completely turn-key.
The focus of the Foundation is to reduce all aspects of crime in the nation’s nursing homes and to provide ongoing, effective crime prevention programs that ensure a safe and secure environment for the residents of senior housing. In part, this is accomplished through the Senior Crimestoppers program.
Senior Crimestoppers is a coordinated set of components that work together to create a zero tolerance-to-crime platform in senior housing facilities. Components include personal lockboxes for the residents, cash rewards up to $1,000 paid anonymously for information about wrongdoing of any kind, and effective, on-going education and training for staff members and residents. Senior Crimestoppers has reduced all aspects of crime in participating facilities by 94% through March 31, 2015.
Preventing Elder Financial Abuse Video and Toolkit is now available for order!
Click Here for more info.
How CRA Credit is Granted
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day WebinarMake sure to watch our innovative World Elder Abuse Awareness Day Webinar. Go to webinar
With the support of our partners, the Senior Housing Crime Prevention Foundation transforms the lives of vulnerable nursing home residents. It is hard to overstate the transformative effect a bank can have on the life of an elderly person by removing fear from their lives — fear of neglect, fear of theft, fear of needing equipment and not knowing where to turn.